The leaves of Vitex negundo Linn. are antibacterial, antitumor, astringent, febrifuge, sedative, tonic and vermifuge. They are useful in dispersing swellings of the joints from acute rheumatism and of the testes from suppressed gonorrhea. The juice of the leaves is used for removing foetid discharges and worms from ulcers, whilst oil prepared with the leaf juice is applied to sinuses and scrofulous sores. Extracts of the leaves have shown bactericidal and antitumor activity. Leaves are antiparasitical, alterative, aromatic, vermifuge, pain reliever.
The extracts are delivered paraben free, and low bacterial count without the use of any chemical or gamma treatment. Amsar is a responsible manufacturer providing green eco friendly extracts and does not discharge solvents, gases or other hazardous materials into the environment.
- Latin Name : Vitex negundo
- Sanskrit Name : Nirgundi
- Common Name : Five-leaved chaste tree
- Family : Verbenaceae
- Part Plant Used : Leaf
- Solvent Used : water
- Storage Condition : In Double Sealed PP Bags
- Appearance : Dark Brown Powder
- Organoleptic Test : Bitter Taste
- Odour : Characteristic Odour
- Herb Ext. Ratio : 5:1
- Water Soluble Extractives By IP 66 Method Taking 1gm Of Sample : Not Less Than 75%
- extractives in 50% v/v alcohol is not less than 75%,
- alkaloids 1%, Flavonoids 8%