Rauvolfia serpentina root extract is hypnotic and sedative in nervous disorders, in anxiety states, excitement, maniacal behavior associated with psychosis, insomnia, schizophrenia, insanity. It is useful in snake bite, insect sting and epilepsy. It is also useful in diarrhoea, dysentery, headache, giddiness, constipation, insomnia, lack of concentration, pain or cramps in legs, cholera and fever, in curing menstrual tension and menopausal disturbances. It promotes uterine contraction during child birth. In severe hypertension it is given with more potent drugs as it has hypotensive agent. It is widely used as tranquilizer.
The extracts are delivered paraben free, and low bacterial count without the use of any chemical or gamma treatment. Amsar is a responsible manufacturer providing green eco friendly extracts and does not discharge solvents, gases or other hazardous materials into the environment.
- Latin Name : Rauvolfia serpentina
- Sanskrit Name : Sarpagandha
- Common Name : Sarpagandha
- Family : Apocynaceae
- Part Plant Used : Root
- Storage Condition : In Double Sealed PP Bags
- Appearance : Brown Powder
- Organoleptic Test : Bitter Taste
- Odor : Characteristic Odor
- Total alkaloids per IP 66 Pg.431 : 10-14%
- Reserpine/Rescinnamine by IP 66 method : about 10% of the total alkaloids.