Pterocarpus santalinus paste is used externally in curing inflammation of skin diseases & headache. It acts as cooling agent. It is astringent, tonic & diaphoretic. Used as colorant. Useful in diseases of blood, dysentery, bilious affections & thirst. Strengthens eyesight.
The extracts are delivered paraben free, and low bacterial count without the use of any chemical or gamma treatment. Amsar is a responsible manufacturer providing green eco friendly extracts and does not discharge solvents, gases or other hazardous materials into the environment.
- Latin Name : Pterocarpus santalinus
- Sanskrit Name : Rakthachandana
- Common Name : Red Sandalwood
- Family : Papilionaceae/Fabaceae
- Part Plant Used : Wood
- Solvent Used : Hydrolic alcohol
- Storage Condition : In Double Sealed PP Bags
- Appearance : Reddish Brown Shiny Powder
- Organoleptic Test : Tasteless
- Odor : Characteristic Odor
- Herb Ext. Ratio : 8:1
- Solubility : Soluble in alcohol
- Santalin content by spectrophotometric method taking 0.1 Gm. : 5 – 8%
- Pterostiblene: >4%