Ocimum sanctum herb is diaphoretic, anti-periodic, expectorant, used in catarrh and bronchitis, in gastric disorders, for children & hepatic affections. Acts as cardiotonic. Is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti protozoal, anthelmintic, anti-viral, anti inflammatory, anti pyretic & demulcent. Useful in fever, dropsy, vomiting, constipation, cholera, cough, post natal complaints, malarial fever, earache & common cold. Holy Basil is so good for boosting up the immune system. It protects from nearly all sorts of infections from viruses, bacteria, fungi and protozoa. Recent studies show that it is also helpful in inhibiting the growth of HIV and carcinogenic cells.
The extracts are delivered paraben free, and low bacterial count without the use of any chemical or gamma treatment. Amsar is a responsible manufacturer providing green eco friendly extracts and does not discharge solvents, gases or other hazardous materials into the environment.
- Latin Name : Ocimum sanctum
- Sanskrit Name : Krishnamul
- Common Name : Holy Basil/Tulsi
- Family :Labiatae
- Part Plant Used : Herb
- Solvent Used : Water
- Storage Condition : In Double Sealed PP Bags
- Appearance : Brown Powder
- Organoleptic Test : Tulsi Taste
- Odor : Characteristic Odor
- Herb Ext. Ratio : 5:1
- Alcohol soluble extractives: Not less than 70%
- Tannins by USSRP X method : Not less than 4%