Popularly known as “gurmar” for its distinct property as sugar destroyer, it is a reputed herb in the Ayurvedic system of medicine. The phytoconstituents responsible for sweet suppression activity includes triterpene saponins known as gymnemic acids, gymnemasaponins, and a polypeptide, gurmarin.
The extracts are delivered paraben free, and low bacterial count without the use of any chemical or gamma treatment. Amsar is a responsible manufacturer providing green eco friendly extracts and does not discharge solvents, gases or other hazardous materials into the environment.
- Latin Name : Gymnema sylvestre
- Sanskrit Name :Gudmar
- Common Name : Gurmar
- Family : Asclepiadaceae
- Part Plant Used : Leaf
- Solvent Used : water
- Storage Condition : In Double Sealed PP Bags
- Appearance : Brown Powder
- Organoleptic Test : Bitter Taste
- Odour : Characteristic Odour
- Herb Ext. Ratio : 10:1
- Water Soluble Extractives By IP 66 Method Taking 1gm Of Sample : about 75%
- Gymnemic acid not less than 21% to 70%