In Ayurveda, Embelia ribes is considered widely beneficial in variety of diseases. Its fruits are small reddish brown to black in colour and are found in bunches. Outer covering of fruits is fragile and from inside seeds are spotted. Its fruits are anti-helminthic, and tonic to strengthen and to provide energy to the body. It is also used to clear out excess vata dosha from interstine. Major chemical compounds reported are Embelin, homoembelin, Christembine, quercitol, vilangine.
The extracts are delivered paraben free, and low bacterial count without the use of any chemical or gamma treatment. Amsar is a responsible manufacturer providing green eco friendly extracts and does not discharge solvents, gases or other hazardous materials into the environment.
- Latin Name : Embelia ribes
- Sanskrit Name : Vidanga
- Common Name : Vidanga
- Family : Myrsinaceae
- Part Plant Used : Fruit
- Solvent Used : Water
- Storage Condition : In Double Sealed PP Bags
- Appearance : Brown Powder
- Organoleptic Test : Bitter Taste
- Odour : Characteristic Odour
- Herb Ext. Ratio : 10:1
- Water Soluble Extractives By IP 66 Method Taking 1 gm Of Sample : Not Less Than 70%
- Tannins : NLT 5%