Extensive reports are available on modern pharmacological research on this drug. It has been included in various pharmacopoeiae (USP/BP/JP/USSRP/IP etc). A derivate of the compound Glycyrrhizin is reported to have anti-inflammatory action and anti-ulcer properties.
Amsar offers this extract in powder , granule, liquid and paste form to facilitate the ease of use by formulators.
The extracts are delivered paraben free, and low bacterial count without the use of any chemical orgamma treatment. Amsar is a responsible manufacturer providing green eco friendly extracts and does not discharge solvents, gases or other hazardous materials into the environment.
- Latin Name : Glycyrrhiza Glabra
- Sanskrit Name : Yashtimadhu
- Common Name : DGL ( Deglycrrhizinated Liquorice)
- Family : Leguminosae
- Part Plant Used : Root
- Solvent Used : Water
- Storage Condition : In vacuum sealed Aluminium bags
- Appearance : Brown Powder
- Organoleptic Test : Slightly Sweet Taste
- Odour : Characteristic Odour
- Herb Ext. Ratio : 5:1
- Water Soluble Extractives By IP 66 Method Taking 1gm Of Sample : Not Less Than 70%
- Solubility By IP Taking 1gm Of Sample In 50% Alcohol : Not Less Than 70%
- Glycyrrhizinic Acid By Garratt : Not more than 3%
- Liquiritigenin : NLT 1%
CAUTION : Glycyrrhiza should not be confused with Taverneria cuniefolia know as jesthimadh in
western India which is a therapeutically inert plant or Abrus Precatorius which is know as Indian or Wild
Licorice and which contains an intensely poisonous albumin called Abrin.