According to Ayurveda, Celastrus paniculatus seeds are acrid, bitter, hot, appetizer, laxative, emetic, aphrodisiac, powerful brain tonic, cause burning sensation. These are also used to alleviate cognitive issues and promote intestinal health. It can also be made into an oil, which is sometimes used during massage. The oil is used to alleviate skin inflammation and has a mild sedative effect. , Ayurveda recognizes its seeds as an effective nervine tonic. Its use is recommended in chronic debilitating diseases of nervous system. Also, its application to promote memory and learning abilities. Seeds contain 62.2% oil which is thick, reddish yellow coloured, bitter and having smell. Besides it also contains bitter resin, 5% salts.
The extracts are delivered paraben free, and low bacterial count without the use of any chemical or gamma treatment. Amsar is a responsible manufacturer providing green eco friendly extracts and does not discharge solvents, gases or other hazardous materials into the environment.
- Latin Name : Celastrus paniculatus
- Sanskrit Name : Jyotishmati
- Common Name : Malkangani
- Family : Celastraceae
- Part Plant Used : Seed
- Solvent Used : Alcohol
- Storage Condition : In Double Sealed PP Bags
- Appearance : Brown Powder
- Organoleptic Test : Slightly bitter Taste
- Odour : Characteristic Odour
- Herb Ext. Ratio : 15:1
- Alcohol Soluble Extractives By IP 66 Method Taking 1gm Of Sample : Not Less Than 70%
- Alkaloid : NLT 0.1%