Calotropis gigantea is most widely used in Ayurvedic treatments, both externally and internally. Root of this plant s used in cough, cold and constipation. The dried root bark is a substitute for ipecacuanha. The root bark is febrifuge, anthelmintic, depurative, expectorant, and laxative. The powdered root used in asthama, bronchitis, and dyspepsia.
The extracts are delivered paraben free, and low bacterial count without the use of any chemical or gamma treatment. Amsar is a responsible manufacturer providing green eco friendly extracts and does not discharge solvents, gases or other hazardous materials into the environment.
- Latin Name : Calotropis gigantea
- Sanskrit Name : Arka
- Common Name : Aak
- Family : Asclepiadaceae
- Part Plant Used : Root
- Solvent Used : Hydroalcohol
- Storage Condition : In Double Sealed PP Bags
- Appearance : Brown Powder
- Organoleptic Test : Bitter Taste
- Odor : Characteristic Odor
- Herb Ext. Ratio : 15:1
- Alcohol soluble extractives as per IP 66 taking 1 gm of sample : Not less than 60%
- Alkaloid : Not less than 0.3%