AQUAPROTECT is a new generation microbicidal of natural origin. AQUAPROTECT is an innovative potent, effective, safe and powerful pond sterilizer. Commercial Shrimp and Fish farms are faced with serious challenges. Diseases can cause serious problems on fish/shrimp farms. They may decimate commercial stocks or make a farmer’s products unmarketable. The discovery of exotic diseases on aquaculture farms can trigger huge financial losses. AQUAPROTECT helps prevent the spread and outbreak of the diseases in aquaculture, the direct and effective method is to reduce the amount of pathogenic bacteria in the aquaculture water.
Main causes of disease in farm fish
There are several causes of disease that may affect the commercial aquaculture projects directly or may continue to cause disease problems. Basically, any factor which causes stress or difficulty to the shrimp/fish decreases its resistance to disease and increases the chance of disease problems occurring.
The three main causes of disease are:
- improper feeding
- stress through extreme or toxic condition
- attack by disease organisms
Shrimp/Fish are not fed properly: nutritional diseases become more frequent as the culture system becomes more intensive and the fish obtain less of their nutrients from natural food organisms. Shrimp/Fish are stressed by being exposed to an extreme or a toxic condition Rough and/or excessive handling, for example when harvesting overcrowding and/or behavioural stresses.
- unsuitable water temperature
- lack of dissolved oxygen
- changes in pH towards extreme values
- presence of toxic gases such as ammonia or hydrogen sulphide
- toxic factors in artificial food, illogical natural plant-based ingredients (Plant saponins are toxic to fish/shrimp yet most herbal companies do not understand the association of saponins and fish poison), fungal toxins in stored foods, and pesticide