Called as Shatapushpa in Ayurveda, Anethum sowa ( Dill seed) seeds are one among the most promising culinary herbs used in the Indian tradition especially during childbirth. The seeds of plant are used as spice and leaves as condiment for flavouring and seasoning of various foods. In Ayurveda, it is used for treating digestive troubles, colic and impaired digestion. It has antibacterial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, cardio depressant, carminative, digestive, diuretic, blood sugar lowering, blood pressure lowing, breast milk stimulating, and laxative properties.
The extracts are delivered paraben free, and low bacterial count without the use of any chemical or gamma treatment. Amsar is a responsible manufacturer providing green eco friendly extracts and does not discharge solvents, gases or other hazardous materials into the environment.
- Latin Name : Anethum sowa
- Sanskrit Name : Shatapushpa
- Common Name : Suva
- Family : Apiaceae
- Part Plant Used : Seed
- Solvent Used : Alcohol
- Storage Condition : In Double Sealed PP Bags
- Appearance : Light greenish brown Powder
- Organoleptic Test : Astringent Taste
- Odor : Characteristic Odor
- Herb Ext. Ratio : 8:1
- Alcohol soluble extractives as per IP 66 taking 1 gm of sample : Not less than 30%
- Volatile oil : NLT 3%