The bark of Alstonia scholaris is used in traditional medicine as an astringent tonic, alterative, antidiarrhoeaticum, antiperiodicum etc. It is grayish brown, rough, lenticellate abounding, bitter in taste secreting white milky latex. It is used solely for medicinal purposes, ranging from Malaria and epilepsy to skin conditions and asthma. Externally the bark is applied on Chronic Ulcers and Kushta ; it is wound healing.
The extracts are delivered paraben free, and low bacterial count without the use of any chemical or gamma treatment. Amsar is a responsible manufacturer providing green eco friendly extracts and does not discharge solvents, gases or other hazardous materials into the environment.
- Latin Name : Alstonia scholaris
- Sanskrit Name : Saptaparna
- Common Name : Saptaparni
- Family : Apocyanaceae
- Part Plant Used : Bark
- Solvent Used : Water
- Storage Condition : In Double Sealed PP Bags
- Appearance : Brown Powder
- Organoleptic Test : Bitter Taste
- Odor : Characteristic Odor
- Herb Ext. Ratio : 10:1
- Water soluble extractives: Not less than 70%
- Alkaloids : NLT 0.3%